[TL;DR] Here’s what you will get from reading the chunk of text below:
- A better idea of why you aren’t taking action
- How I can support you to go from procrastination to progress on that thing you’ve always wanted to do
- How to take action today
Let’s get right to it. Here is a simple metaphor to explain what I do and how I can support you
Here Is Where You Are – Island A
- You feel like you are wasting time and not accomplishing anything
- You are doing tasks that HAVE to be done and not doing the ones you WANT to do
- You don’t feel like you are progressing
- You just want to get started or keep going when you have started
- You know you have the ability but your mind is second-guessing you and causing some doubt
- You feel overwhelmed
- You feel you are disappointing yourself and possibly a sense you are also disappointing others
Here Is Where You Want To Be – Island B
- You have CLARITY on where you are going, why you are doing it and how to get there
- You have more FOCUS and keep on track
- You have internal MOTIVATION (rather than from external deadlines)
- You are PROUD of what you have achieved
- You are CONTENT within yourself
Here Is Why You Are Where You Are (Could be one or a mix of these)
- You have an underlying fear of failure – which overrides all the strategies
- You have an underlying fear of success (yes, that’s a thing) – which overrides all the strategies
- You don’t know how to get to where you want to go
- You don’t know where to start (so you don’t start at all)
- You are not motivated enough
- You don’t have the support mechanisms in place to keep on track when the going gets tough
Here Is Why It Is Hard To Get Off Island A
- WIthout knowing the root cause of your procrastination, all solutions will be temporary band-aids
- You can have more than one root cause and have varying degrees of it
- Once you fix one cause, others may appear along the journey
- It’s hard to spot and work with these root causes yourself because the same brain that wants to fix the cause is the same brain that created the cause in the first place
Here Is How I can Get You To Island B
- Help you Identify and resolve any underlying fears
- Help you work out how to get where you want to go
- Help you figure out where to start
- Help you work out what actually motivates you
- Help you set up the systems to stay focused
Already convinced? Book yourself in for a Back On Track Coaching Session
Here Are The General Principles To Help You On Your Journey
- Is what you are doing getting the results you want?
- What would you like to have
- How might you get there? Reverse engineer
- If you feel that discomfort, that’s where the magic happens
- Experiment. Try something, see what works, what doesn’t. Use that data. Repeat
It’s All In The Head
80% of success in life is psychology and 20% is mechanics.
Having a plan of attack is only a small part of the puzzle. A lot of us, myself included, kind of know what we want to be doing and how we are going to get there. BUT, we know it isn’t that simple. (It can be and if that is the case for you then maybe this is the wrong place for you).
To get to however you define success, just having a plan isn’t enough. You need to be able to see opportunities, to be creative, to overcome your fears, and to be resilient and persistent enough to go from an idea to creation.
Where I Come In – Procrastination Sniper For Hire
I am trained in transformational coaching which leans more toward the psychology – changing the way you see your world. I invested my own money into my training, that’s how much I love this work. I love reading about psychology. I’m fascinated by how human’s brains work – and even more fascinated as to why they don’t.
It’s the psychology that usually prevents us from taking action. We can work out the strategy quite easily by just googling or asking/hiring someone who knows. If success was that easy, we’d all be doing what we plan to right?
A lot of coaches and “how to” articles concentrate on the 20% of the mechanics. I concentrate on the 80%. In fact, the full 100%. No fluff, no woo-woo or motivational quotes. Although this is mainly psychology, you will have practical steps to help you take action too.
I help you uncover the root cause first, then give you the tools and strategies to continue your progress.
Who Is This For?
I work best with self-employed / solopreneurs (or those aspiring to be) who:
- have a track record of taking action in the past or other areas of your life
- like the idea of experimentation
- like to talk – coaching is all about conversations so you’ll love it here
- are willing to potentially change your mind to reach your potential
- are willing to invest to get that feeling of pride and accomplishment
Like The Vibe Here?
If any of this resonates with you and you are ready to go deeper, here are your options:
- If you are thinking NOW is the time to TAKE CONTROL of your life, book yourself in for a Back On Track Coaching Session: Complimentary 60-minute coaching session to help you find the blocks and get started doing that thing you want to do. (If you are feeling that urgh uncomfortable feeling that’s ok, that’s a good sign).
- If you aren’t quite ready to jump in (that’s ok, we’ve only just met) and would like to pinpoint where your blocks are so you can start to make progress then grab your REASONS FOR INACTION WORKSHEET in the grey opt-in box just below.