HELP PEOPLE INCREASE THEIR OUTPUT
Who Am I?
Hey, I’m Sam Chillcott and I’m from Hereford, England which is the home of Ellie Goulding, Bulmers Cider and the S.A.S. I am a non-cheesy transformational life coach and I spend my time doing stuff I’ve never done before, going to places I’ve never been to before and consuming anything I haven’t tried before. All whilst drinking craft beer along the way.
What Am I About?
My life is about challenging myself, having a blast and just doing cool shit. I create my life rather than be consumed by it. Exploring is what I love doing most and I have visited 68 countries and am always planning new trips. I want to experience as much of life as I can because I am fully aware that it could end at any moment.
That may make you feel uncomfortable, but it is true. I once read a sentence in a book that said: “You are going to die”. I stared at it for a good 20 minutes then it made me realise I need to stop thinking (hesitating) about stuff and actually get out and do it.
I sum this attitude up with the word ‘funcomfortable’ – doing something that is scary but you get a proper buzz from it afterwards, and even sometimes during. I love that feeling.
Since I was a teenager, I just floated through life not really knowing what I wanted to do and mainly doing what I thought I should be doing – you know the standard route; get a job, buy a house, settle down. In fact, when I was living in Bristol, I almost had all 3 but then, the kick up the ass came…
Why Am I Doing This?
I was made redundant from my job as a buyer with one of the UK’s biggest DJ stores back in July 2013 and around that time, I realised I was unhappy so had already started to plan my next step. I wanted to find my ‘purpose’, ‘passion’ or ‘calling’ and stumbled across this article about the concept of Ikigai. This started me on a journey which took me from Drum & Bass music production to house sitting, to home brewing, to photography, to NGOs and volunteering and eventually where I am today at life coaching.
The process was long, it required me to be proactive and it still may pivot in the future but I feel I have finally found a career where I can use the skills I excel in (soft skills). My interest in personal development started around the same time and that helped me with procrastination, direction, motivation and removing limiting beliefs. I didn’t realise it at the time but the methods I used were common in coaching.
I don’t want to see others waste their lives. Essentially, I want to help people come off auto-pilot, take some control over their lives, be proactive, challenge themselves and just do the cool shit they always wanted to do.
I know there are a lot of people with cool ideas, passions or potential that just don’t see the light of day for whatever reason. There is so much good shit yet to be created.
I want to help you bring that into the world for 2 reasons. Firstly, it’s cathartic to be creative and secondly, what you create might impact and inspire others.
So for me, that’s a win-win-win.
Already convinced? Find out how you can work with me
My Current Values
- Action – Courage to act upon new learnings and insights to change the behaviour
- Creation – Balancing input (learning) with creative output
- Essentialism / Less But Better – Focusing on fewer things but being epic at them
- Energy – Do what excites me / maintain physical and mental energy to fuel other values
- Play – Bringing more fun back into life & work
Random Facts About Me
- I only own about 150 items in the entire world – I buy experiences, not things
- Antarctica is the only continent I’ve not been to
- I have eaten pretty much the same 4 meals every day since 2011
- I am still shit scared of heights – which is exactly why I bungee jumped off the biggest bridge in Europe and skydived out of a helicopter over the Alps
- I have a degree in Business
- If I did Mastermind, my specialist subject would be mid 90’s hip-hop
- I once DJ’d on the same bill as Pendulum and have had my music played on BBC Radio 1
- I was born in the same town as William Shakespeare
- I am a massive Newcastle United and UFC fan
- I used to be really into amber ales but am loving strong dark beers at the moment, especially Baltic Porters
What I Am Up To Over The Coming Months
- Reading more about Ontological Coaching (the language we use)
- Travelling to a few conferences around Europe on emerging technologies
- Trying a few holistic therapies – possibly acupuncture next, also eyeing up Ayahuasca/DMT
- Practising my Spanish – I’d like to get to B1 Intermediate
- Snapping – getting back into my photography through Instagram
Enough About Me. What Are You Up To Over The Coming Months?
If any of what you have read so far resonates with you and you are ready to go deeper, here are your options:
- If you are thinking NOW is the time to TAKE CONTROL of your life, APPLY for a complimentary 2 hour (yes, 2 hours) coaching session to help you find the blocks and get started.
- If you aren’t quite ready to jump in just yet and would like to pinpoint where your blocks are so you can start to make progress then grab your REASONS FOR INACTION WORKSHEET in the grey opt-in box below.