HELP PEOPLE DO THE SH!T THAT SCARES THEM
Who Am I?
Hey, I’m Sam Chillcott and I’m from Hereford, England which is the home of Ellie Goulding, Bulmers Cider and the S.A.S.
I am a non-cheesy transformational life coach and I spend my time doing stuff I’ve never done before, going to places I’ve never been to before and consuming anything I haven’t tried before.
What Am I About?
My life is about stretching my comfort zone, creating content and experiences and just doing cool shit that excites me. I create my life rather than be consumed by it. Exploring is what I love doing most and I have visited 68 countries and am always planning new trips.
I want to experience as much of life as I can because I am fully aware that it could end at any moment.
That may make you feel uncomfortable, but it is true. I once read a sentence in a book that said: “You are going to die”. I stared at it for a good 20 minutes then it made me realise I need to stop thinking (hesitating) about stuff and actually get out and do it.
I sum this attitude up with the word ‘funcomfortable’ – doing something that has elements of both fear and excitement but you get a proper buzz from it afterwards, and even sometimes during. I love that feeling.
From my teenage years, I just floated through life not really knowing what I wanted to do and mainly doing what I thought I should be doing – you know the standard route; get a job, buy a house, settle down. In fact, when I was living in Bristol, I almost had all 3 but then, the kick up the ass came…
Why Am I Doing This?
I was made redundant from my job as a buyer with one of the UK’s biggest DJ stores back in July 2013 and around that time, I realised I was unhappy, lost, unfulfilled and felt something wasn’t right so had already started to plan my next step.
I wanted to find my ‘purpose’, ‘passion’ or ‘calling’ and stumbled across this article about the concept of Ikigai – a reason for living.
This started me on a journey which took me from Drum & Bass music production to house sitting, to home brewing, to photography, to NGOs in South America and eventually where I am today at life coaching.
The process was long, it required me to be proactive and it still may pivot in the future but I feel I have finally found a career where I can use the (soft) skills I excel in, contribute back and have an impact in society.
It wasn’t a smooth path though. Along the way, I regularly got stuck. Sometimes it didn’t make sense – I knew what I was supposed to be doing, I knew how to do it, but I still wasn’t doing it. This confused the hell out of me so I wanted to figure out why it was happening.
I started to read about personal development and psychology and that helped me understand procrastination, motivation, direction, and mindset. I then realised I could support others with this knowledge so trained as a coach.
I don’t want to see others waste their lives.
I want to help people come off autopilot, take some control over their lives, be proactive and deliberate, challenge themselves to do the cool shit they want to do and be happier in life AND work as a result.
I know there are a lot of people with cool ideas, passions or potential that just don’t see the light of day for whatever reason. There is so much good shit yet to be created.
I want to help you bring that into the world for 2 reasons. Firstly, it’s cathartic to be creative and secondly, what you create might impact and inspire others.
So for me, that’s a win-win-win.
Already convinced? Find out how you can work with me
My Current Values
- Mastery – Active learning / Japanese concept of Kaizen
- Energy – Do what excites me / Maintain physical and mental energy to fuel other values
- Balance – Finding and being OK with the balance of certainty and uncertainty
- Essentialism / Less But Better – Focusing on fewer things but being epic at them
- Creativity – Getting into Flow state
Random Facts About Me
- I only own about 150 items in the entire world – I buy experiences, not things
- Antarctica is the only continent I’ve not been to
- I have eaten pretty much the same 4 meals every day since 2011
- I am scared of heights – which is exactly why I bungee jumped off the biggest bridge in Europe and skydived out of a helicopter over the Alps
- I have a degree in Business
- If I did Mastermind, my specialist subject would be mid 90’s hip-hop
- I once DJ’d on the same lineup as Pendulum and have had my music played on BBC Radio 1
- I was born in the same town as William Shakespeare
- I am a massive Newcastle United and UFC fan
- I used to be really into amber ales but am loving strong dark beers at the moment, especially Baltic Porters
What I Am Up To Over The Coming Months
- Coding my way through Front End Web Development (React Redux)
- Creating some more YouTube videos that document what I am up to and learning about
- Experimenting with neurotech, flow states and intuition
Enough About Me. What Are You Up To Over The Coming Months?
If any of what you have read so far resonates with you and you are thinking NOW is the time to TAKE ACTION then APPLY for a complimentary 2 hour (yes, 2 hours) coaching session to help you find your blocks and get started.